- Warrant: Over $34,000,000 for the Property Tax Collection
- Town Collection Period: January 1 to March 31
- Interest applies during February (1%) and March (2%)
- April 1: Unpaid bills are turned over to the Albany County Department of Finance
- Districts: Guilderland Central; part of Mohonasen Central; Schalmont Central and So. Colonie Central
- Warrant: Over $71,000,000 for the School Tax Collection
- Town Collection Period: September 1 to October 31
- Interest applies during the month of October (2%)
- November 1: Unpaid bills are turned over to the Albany County Department of Finance
- Districts and Bills: 12 Districts in the Town consisting of approximately 8,500 bills
- Warrants: over $1,900,000 annually
- Collection period: 30 days interest-free; 5% interest after due date
- Billing: Twice a year; April/October; May/November; June/December
- On an annual basis, the Town will relevy any unpaid water bills to the Town Tax bills to be sent out for receipt on January 1st. The relevy process occurs after collection has ceased on August 1st. After relevy is complete, the Town can no longer accept any payments for the water bills generated during that tax year's fiscal year.
Please note: Water and Sewer Permits are paid at the Guilderland Tax Office after application approval from the Department of Water and Waste Water Management.
If you have an escrow account and received your tax bill, please forward the bill to your mortgage holder as soon as possible. If you no longer are affiliated with an escrow account, please contact this office to receive a tax bill.
As per New York State Real Property Tax Law, the Tax Receiver may not accept partial payments of taxes levied against a particular parcel. The only exception is for those seniors with a senior citizen (Aged) exemption. In this case, a partial payment may be made on the general property tax bill only. Please contact the Tax Office for further information regarding this situation.
If you have received a tax bill and no longer own the property, you can either forward it to the new owner(s) or return it to the Tax Office with the new owner(s) name as soon as possible with open immediately on the envelope.
Applications for veteran, disability, senior citizen, or STAR are due by March 1. For further information, please call the Town Assessor at 518-356-1980.
Third-party notification forms for property owners who are disabled or 65 years of age or older are available in the Receiver's Office. The property owner may designate an adult consenting third party to receive duplicate copies of tax bills and notices of unpaid taxes.
If taxes from one or more prior levies remained due and owing when this statement of taxes was prepared, payment of the arrears should be made to Albany County Department of Finance, 112 State Street - Room 1340, Albany, NY 12207. Phone: 518-447-7082 to determine the amount in arrears. Continued failure to pay all of the taxes levied against the property will result in your loss of the property.