Animal Control Department employees spend much of their time on the road throughout the Town carrying out their duties.
During 2020, they:
- Responded to 1,039 calls.
- Received 267 stray dog calls.
- Received 0 stray cat calls.
- Received 512 wildlife calls.
- Received 36 barking complaints.
- Received 48 cat complaints.
- Reunited 28 lost or runaway pets with their owners.
- Brought 33 dogs into the Animal Shelter.
- Received 47 farm animal calls.
- Placed 0 cats in permanent adoptive homes.
- Dealt with 16 animal bite reports.
- Placed 5 dogs in permanent adoptive homes.
- Dealt with 16 dogs or cats hit by a car.
- Dealt with 31 cruelty calls.
- Conducted 5 tours of the Animal Shelter.
- Handled 9 home visits to check on animals.