PLEASE NOTE THE DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETS AS NECESSARY. AGENDAS WILL BE POSTED THE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING IF A MEETING WILL BE HELD.
- Meet as necessary on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 10:00AM.
- Town Hall, 5209 Western Turnpike, Guilderland, NY 12084
- Kenneth Kovalchik, AICP, Town Planner
- Tim McIntyre, Superintendent of Water/Wastewater
- Greg Weir, Superintendent of Highways
- Jackie Coons, Chief Building and Zoning Inspector
- CJ Gallup, Director of Parks and Recreation
- Ken (Buddy) D'Arpino, Stormwater Control Officer
- Zeynep Tas, GIS Coordinator
- Tim McIntyre Jr., Stormwater Assistant
- Don Csaposs, CEO Guilderland IDA
Responsibilities of Committee
The Development Planning Committee (DPC) consists of representatives of the various town departments that are involved in facilitating or servicing development projects in town. The DPC functions under the direction of the Planning Department. The DPC holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings during which prospective developers can present development concepts and receive feedback from the town on a host of development related issues. The DPC facilitates early communication between the town and developers during the project concept phase with regard to a variety of issues including, among other things, the following:
- Consistency with the planning, zoning, building code, and land use regulations
- Environmental impacts
- Compliance with stormwater regulations
- Neighborhood compatibility
- Availability and adequacy of public facilities (water mains, storm drainage, sanitary sewer, and roads)
- Consideration of fire and life safety
- Potential for land conservation or park land development
- Economic and fiscal impacts
The DPC generally meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m.; the meetings are open to the public. Developers or their representatives wishing to be placed on the DPC agenda or for questions on meeting dates or times, contact Kenneth Kovalchik, Town Planner at 518-356-1980 , extension 1061 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.