- Courts will follow State issued COVID-19 guidelines.
- Social distancing will apply. Seating and Courtroom capacity have been reduced to provide for minimum required physical separation.
- Temperature checks and symptom checks will be required for entry to Town Hall. Face masks or covering will be required while in Town Hall.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available, and the courtroom will be cleaned and sanitized between appearances.
- If you have a public defender or conflict defender, please reach out to their office to set up a conference.
- Public Defender: (518) 447-7150
- Conflict Defender: (518) 447-5532
- If you have private counsel, you may also wish to contact your attorney to conference your case ahead of appearance.
- If you are ill or have known symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19, DO NOT come into the Court’s facility. Contact your attorney immediately and advise them of your circumstances so they may request an adjournment on your behalf. If you do not have an attorney, please contact the Court directly by phone or email to advise.
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 18, 2020: In light of further recent developments in the coronavirus public health emergency in New York State, please be advised of the following updated operational protocols for the trial courts of the Unified Court System, as well as all other Unified Court System Offices:
Effective 5pm on Monday, March 16, 2020, pursuant to a directive from the Administrative Law Judge, we are postponing all non-essential functions of the court until further notice. All trials, hearings, civil matters are canceled until further notice. ALL EVICTION PROCEEDINGS ARE HEREBY STAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The court will send written notification in regard to criminal or civil matters for your next appearance date. If you have a pending vehicle and traffic matter, please submit any plea in writing via the USPS. Any payments can be made via money order through the USPS. Payments will be processed upon our return. Any pending vehicle and traffic suspension releases will be reported to DMV effective the post-mark date on your letter to the court. DO NOT leave paperwork in the court window as you run the risk of the court not receiving same. Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe during this difficult time.
Guilderland Town Court
-This is the official website for the Guilderland Justice Court-
|Evening Traffic Court||Every Monday at 5:30 pm|
|Civil Court/ Small Claims||Every Monday at 6:00 pm|
|Criminal Court||Every Thursday at 5:30 pm|
|Hearings and Trials||Scheduled Seperately|
**Court will be held as scheduled except on holidays**
For more information, please call (518) 356-1980 ext. 1029.