Senior Services is a department responsible to the Town Supervisor and Town Board for the purpose of planning, coordinating, advocating, researching, and monitoring services and programs that benefit town residents aged 60 and older.
The department is a community focal point where older persons or groups can avail themselves of services and programs that enhance their lives, support their independence, and encourage their involvement in and with the community.
Basic services include:
- Information and referral
- Transportation to medical offices, grocery stores, and malls
- Liaison with other area agencies
- Outreach to homebound seniors
- Daily educational, social, and recreational programs
- Monthly day trips and special events
- Volunteer opportunities