Town Clerk's Office

The Town Clerk is here for you, with a few new procedures.   
Water Bill Payments:
Water Bill Payments will be accepted by mail or you can pay online. Please mail your payment to the address below.  If you wish to pay your bill online, please click here.
Transfer Station Punch Card:
To purchase a Transfer Station punch card you may mail your payment of $65.00 (Resident’s Fee) or $55.00 (Senior’s Fee) to the Town Clerk’s office or call 518-356-1980 x1059 to make a payment over the phone. Once payment is received, a punch card will be mailed to you.
New Dog License: 
New York State requires all dogs over four months of age to be licensed with their local municipality. To obtain this license, owners must provide proof of current rabies vaccination as well as proof of the dog being spayed or neutered. Please click here to  print and complete the Dog License Registration Form.  Once the form is completed, please mail the form, all required paperwork and your payment to the Town Clerk’s office per the instruction on the form.  Once paperwork is reviewed and everything is in good order and dog tag will be mailed to you.  This license is good for one year and will need to be renewed.  The Town Clerk’s office will send you a reminder.
Re-Register Your Dog License: 
New York State requires all dogs over four months to be licensed with their local municipality.  Rabies vaccine must be current.  You may renew your dog's license by returning your annual reminder to the address below or online by clicking here.  You will need to provide the tag number.
Dog Park Tag:
Please mail or email TownClerk(at) your name and address, and your dog’s name and tag number along with a check for $5 payable to Town of Guilderland.  Once payment is received a (blue) 2020 dog park tag will be mailed to you. 
Certificate of Residence: 
If you plan on taking online classes at a Community College please contact Albany County to complete your Certificate of Residence Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Please feel free to contact Jeff Neal at 518-447-7082 or Email: [email protected] with any questions.
Handicap Hang Tags:
Please call the Town Clerk’s office at 518-356-1980 x1059.  
Resident Sticker:
Resident Stickers are required to use our town parks, and transfer station.  Please call the Town Clerk’s office  or email TownClerk(at) to request a sticker.  You will need to provide a copy of your current vehicle registration.  Once this information is verified a (blue) 2020/2021 town sticker will be mailed to you.
Marriage License:
Due to multiple steps of verification I will not be issuing marriage licenses remotely.  Please visit here to complete the marriage license application.  This will ONLY speed up the process which then must be completed in person at Town Hall with the Town Clerk.  Regardless of whether you started the application process online, or will be filling out a paper form for a Marriage License, you and your prospective spouse must complete the process by appearing at Town Hall in person, together and at the same time. A marriage license has a 24-hour waiting period, and is good for 60 days after issuance.   The fee is $40.00 and will be taken at the time of issuance.        
Fishing License:
To obtain a 2020 Fishing License click here
Payment information:
  • Please make ALL checks made payable to: Town of Guilderland 
  • Mailing Address: Town of Guilderland, Attn: Town Clerk, PO Box 339, Guilderland NY  12084
  • A third party vendor fee of $1.75 applies to ALL online and credit card payments
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (518) 356 -1980 ext. 1059 or email TownClerk(at)
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we learn to navigate this challenging time.  
Lynne Buchanan
Guilderland Town Clerk

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Lynne Buchanan Town Clerk 518- 356-1980 ext. 1059
Tracy Mayer Deputy Town Clerk II 518-356-1980 ext. 1083
Darrin Anton Records Coordinator 518-356-1980 ext. 1091